Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vogue Knitting Live, Day 3

You might have noticed that I jumped straight from day 1 to day 3 of VK Live.  For me, day 2 didn't really exist.  At the last minute, I was reassigned from work on the floor to work backstage at our fashion shows.  This was a ton of fun, but also a lot of very, very hard work.  I woke up at 6:30 am and didn't even get home until 10:30 pm!  The double sided coin is that I never have had hours that strenuous before, but I have never loved my work as much as I have at Vogue Knitting, so it is always a pleasure to spend my time doing what I love.

The reason why I bring up my busy schedule is that in my post about day 1, I mentioned my excitement about meeting Ysolda Teague.  Due to my very busy day yesterday, I was unable to attend her book signing!  It was my one disappointment of the weekend.

Today was much the same as yesterday- lots of hard, but fulfilling, work.  At the end of the day, my mom and grandma came to visit me at the marketplace.  They were lucky enough to visit at one of the only lulls in the day, and I was able to walk around the marketplace in a somewhat relaxed style for the first time all weekend.  We stopped by the Knitty City book to pick up Whimsical Little Knits, even though I wasn't able to get it signed by Ysolda, and then my mom got caught looking at Kathleen Kroeger's beautiful buttons.  We shopped at Kathleen's booth for a while, and we continued to look at her glasswork even as announcements were made that the marketplace had officially closed.  

Just as I began to get a bit antsy and nervous to move on (I had work to do, after all!), my heart dropped.  There, walking towards the button booth, was none other than Ysolda Teague, carrying all of her samples along with her.  I was not going to let this opportunity pass- I missed her once and I was not going to miss her again!

I stopped Ysolda, and she was so incredibly nice.  She put down her huge bag of stuff and signed my book for me.  I had been wearing my Damson all weekend, and carrying my camera in my pocket, in case I ran into her, and here I was, completely unawares, my phone in my bag next to damson, all the way at registration.

No matter- as the saying goes, if something is meant to be, it's meant to be.  I guess all of my hard work this weekend paid off in that my one big disappointment was negated- I was able to meet Ysolda.  I guess it was just fated to work out for me!

I am so grateful to have had a happy ending to a fulfilling weekend!  Unfortunately, though, I didn't have even one spare moment to take pictures, although I had my camera in my pocket for two days!  All of the pictures in this blog post are from the Vogue Knitting Live Facebook page!

No comments: