links




Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Musical License

I have a new favorite song:







Now, I do not love this song for it's musical integrity or its lyrics.  In fact, I'm more of a folk fan.  However, Grenade (the song above) has a wonderful mix-and-match quality to it absent in most other songs.  The chorus of Grenade goes;


"I would catch a Grenade for you
Throw my head on a blade for you
Jump in front of a train for you"
And so on.  Before I knew the words for this song, my friends and I would laugh over the mistakes we would make while singing along, and now creating new verses has become a little joke among us.  Some of our favorites include:

I'd drink a bottle of Raid for you.
I would knit a beret for you
I'd repeat seventh grade for you
I would learn a new trade for you
Drink poison lemonade for you
I would hire a maid for you
I would be unafraid for you
Give up financial aid for you
Kick a horse when it neighed for you


The list goes on and on.  If you can think up any good ones, leave them in the comments!

I'm working very hard on finals, and cannot wait for the next two weeks to be over so I can go to Florida and visit my grandparents!  Until next time, wish me luck on all the schoolwork I have to struggle through!

No comments: