links




Friday, November 26, 2010

Taking it Easy

It's strange for me to think that Thanksgiving is over.  I always experience an immense period of excitement preceding the holiday, and once it is over find myself grasping for a foothold- one more year until my favorite day rolls around again!  It's incomprehensible.  It used to be that I would be shocked and horrified at the vast expanse of time stretching between this day and the analogous one far in the future, but suddenly I find myself realizing that the year that has passed since last Thanksgiving has been a blur.  It feels like three, maybe four months have passed since this holiday last year, and that provides a new emotional mix of confusion and worry.  As far as I have been told, time will only continue to speed forward, and I'm not looking forward to it.  I already don't have enough time to do all of the things I need to do, and there's so much I still want to do... I start to terrify myself with circular thought, imagining old age popping up to scare me in a week.

For now, I have to console myself with the thought that I'm back home, have little work to do, and can relax with a cup of tea and a self-imposed Office marathon, and work on my sweater.

No comments: